Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Centennial Paulinian Graduation


A day before Graduation, I went to school to meet Atty. Dela Vega, one of my best mentors. I was part of the irregulars who opted for tutorial class during our Introduction to Broadcasting class. We were only 5 in the group. That' the reason why our bond was different. Kilalang-kilala na kami ni Atty, from our strengths down to our kakulitan. :)  

We had lunch and some pep talks with her. Sobrang na-miss ko ang bonding with her. Na-miss ko yung mga advice nya na sobrang helpful talaga. Kahit saglit lang yung kwentuhan namin that time, I must say na very fruitful siya. I was so touched din when she gave us a personalized cupcake with our names on it. Sweet! :)



See my name on it? Thank you Atty! :)


After lunch, I was scheduled to meet Ms. Marge for our speech rehearsal with her. I was practicing my speech along the peaceful 4th floor corridor facing the chapel. I had the great view of the entire school and I can't help but get sentimental. I have been in St. Paul University Manila for 3 years. It was my home and my Alma Mater. I had several great experiences,met several people and learned several things. I will definitely miss St. Paul. 



The Chapel of the Crucified Christ



When I reached home, I continued my sentimental mood and I took photos of my graduation invitation and my graduation picture. Minsan lang naman kaya go na! :))




Graduation Invitation




Graduation Picture


On the day of my graduation, I was not in my best mood due to some unfortunate things that happened early morning. But to see my proud parents, classmates, friends and mentors were enough to bring back my good mood.



Picture with papa. Infairness, mahusay kumuha ng picture si mama. :)




My Advertising friends. AB Mass Communication major in Communication minor in Advertising kaya ako. Hehehe! :))



The march was one of my favorite parts of graduation. Aba, I lead the entire graduating batch. Ganun pala pag graduation. The top 1 of the graduating batch will lead the March. Astig! Ang sarap pakinggan nung sinabi ng emcee, "The Centennial Undergraduates of 2012 to be lead by Isip, Roscel Morante, candidate of the degree Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication major in Communication, Magna Cum Laude." Sana tama yung pag-quote ko. Basta, unexplainable happiness ang nararamdaman ko that time. :)



Picture muna before the march.



The stage of Fleur-de-lis Auditorium


We went to the usual parts of any program like the entrance of colors, national anthem, invocation and welcome remarks. After that we were presented by Ms. Velarde, the University Registrar and nagsalita din si Sr. Lilia Tolentino, the University President.

After that, another winner moment again for me. It was the awarding of Academic Awards. After calling the academic awardees for the graduate school, kami naman. And yes, I was awarded as Magna Cum Laude. Yahhhhoooo!!! :) My happy parents went with me on-stage. Infairness, nakakawala pala sa sarili pag totoong awarding na. 

I can't explain how happy I was that time. Receiving that recognition was beyond my expectations kasi naman transferee ako. And I went through several disappointments and frustrations bago ko ma-redeem yung sarili ko. Ang galing talaga ni God! Yun talaga...



My winner moment. :)


Si mama ang nagsabit ng unkabogable na medal. :)


After the academic awards, bigayan na ng diploma. I got another award which was a Certificate of Recognition for Cultural Awards in Arts. Funny moment nung kinuha ko yung diploma ko, nakalimutan ko mag-bow sa gitna. Hahaha! I told you, nakakawala sa sarili yung academic award eh. :))


Hello diploma! :) Graduate na talaga ako. :)


After giving all the diplomas, my final winner moment came. It was I who delivered the Address of Thanks at syempre, eto talaga ang moment ko na alam kong pakikinggan ako ng lahat ng nasa auditorium. Bongga!

I seldom encounter stage fright kaya confident ako na magsalita in front of people. This moment was never new to me actually kasi I also gave my Address of Thanks during my Preparatory and Elementary Graduation. Ako na ang geek kunwari! Haha! BUT THIS MOMENT WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. I was scared to get too emotional. Ibang klase kasi yung pinagdaan ko to get this award. From no one, I rose to become some one. From loser, I became a winner. 

I shared my college experience during my speech. I let them see who I really was, a normal college student who enjoyed the fun of college life. I let them understand that everyone can be successful kung ibibigay mo yung best mo. Hindi lang puro talino dapat, proper attitude at faith kay God din ang kailangan for success. :)

There were several instances during my speech that I was about to cry pero buti na lang at napigilan ko. Baka kasi hindi maintindihan ng listeners yung pinagsasabi ko. Sayang naman. 


My final winner moment. :)


The ceremony ended at syempre, picture taking na. I had photos with my chairperson, my classmates, my friends and syempre my family. :)



With Ms. Lalaine Vitug-Mallari, my program chairperson



My ABMC Family. I will definitely miss them. :)



That's me. :)



With my very supportive parents. :) too bad di nakasama buong family ko. 2 lang daw pwede isama eh. :(



With my friends. Ma-mimiss ko lalo sila. :)



With my super love na ate lady guard and kuya guard. Sayang at hindi kumpleto mga tropa kong guards...



I finally reap what I sow... :)





1 comment: