Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bohol Adventure: Man-Made Forest, Chocolate Hills and Day 2 at Alona Beach

                Bohol Adventure: Day 1
                Bohol Adventure: Sunrise (Day 2)


DESTINATION 7: MAN-MADE FOREST

Whether we liked it or not, we passed along the Man-made Forest upon going to Chocolate Hills. According to our driver, the forest were created by their ancestors years ago. The trees were definitely refreshing to see while travelling the narrow road going to Chocolate Hills. However, we decided not to go down from our van to take photos since it was quite dangerous due to the narrow road and we felt that there were several elements that we might bother if we took pictures. 


 My shot of the Man-made forest while riding our van



DESTINATION 8: CHOCOLATE HILLS

During our ride, I easily noticed the site of the Chocolate Hills. I got more excited when I had a glimpse of this famous wonders of the world while we were on the road.

For those travelers who can't climb a 200-flight of stairs to see the entire Chocolate Hills, the view along the road could be a substitute but it is never as majestic as seeing it on top.



The famous Chocolate Hills which can be seen along the road



 The view of the Chocolate Hills while our van passed along one of its hills



 My photo with my dad at the unloading area. From this point, you can already see the view of the hills






We went to one of the hills that were converted into a viewing deck for tourists. Upon entering the road going there, we had to pay an entrance fee of 50pesos per person. It was a short ride to reach the starting point of the 200-step stair. There was also an alternate way if you don't want to take the stairs and that was what I took. Para siyang slide na mejo paikot hanggang makarating sa pinakataas.

Reaching the top was definitely majestic. I immediately took a photo of the scenic view. Finally, I was able to capture the most photographed hill of the Chocolate Hills. I also asked my sister to take a picture of me with the majestic view as the background. It felt like I was living on a postcard.

I was greatly happy to finally see it up close. I only used to study this scenic place in my HEKASI class back in grade school and that time, I was up close. Hehe! :)
 The most photographed view. :) This was the view that can often be found on our postcards.





 I'm finally living on a postcard! Yehey! :)


 Another famous view of the hills









 At ang mag-jowa na super happy lang. :)


I'm so thankful that the weather was good when we went there. The breeze was also refreshing after the very tiring hike to the top and going down.



BACK TO ALONA BEACH

We actually haven't seen the entire Bohol. According to my research, there were a lot more to discover. Unfortunately, we can't be able to explore it due to time constraints. Anyhow, it gave us more reasons to come back.

After seeing the famous Chocolate Hills, we went back to Alona Beach at Panglao Island to freshen up and enjoy the beach. Sakto naman kasi sobrang init na init ako sa tour. :) We headed straight to the swimming pool of Lost Horizon Beach Resort to relax and enjoy its cool water.





After mag-sawa, we headed to the serene beach and enjoyed its beauty. Before plunging myself to the inviting waters, I took photos first and sun-bathed for a while. What is beach bumming without enjoying the sun. :)

Funny moment at the beach: Dahil hindi naman sanay makakita ang Pinoy ng kapwa Pinoy na naka-bikini sa beach, napagkamalan akong foreigner ng isang bangkero while beach bumming at the beach. Hahaha! Inalok nya ako ng island tour in English. Super effort pa si kuya bangkero at natawa siya nung sinagot ko ng tagalog. Akala daw nya foreigner ako. O diba? Nakakaloko din pala ang pag-bikini ko. :))


 The beach by 4pm


 Rendcel and Papa was enjoying the beauty of the beach while Kuya Ren was enjoying its water



We spent the entire afternoon at the beach until sunset came. It was my signal to wash myself and prepare for dinner.

At as usual, we tried the "Paluto" style but we wanted to make it the best since it was our last night at Bohol. We decided to have it at our resort and we were never wrong in picking the place.

The ambiance was good. We had an alfresco dining by the beach with torches lighting our tables. Though the service was a bit slow, which was common along Alona Beach, the foods served tasted great. It was definitely worth the wait. My personal favorite was the Sinigang na Hipon and the Steamed Fish in oyster sauce. It was my first time to taste the Visayan version of sinigang where cabbage was used instead of kangkong.

Most of us tried the Halo-halo in our resort however, since I was not a fan of that, I did not try. According to them, the taste was brilliant. One of our friends who loves food tripping told us that it was one of the best she had tasted so far. As I was about to taste it, they already finished the big serving. It only proved how they loved the Halo-halo in the resort.


Picture muna while waiting for our orders



 Lost Horizon Beach Resort at night





 Alfresco dining at Lost Horizon Beach Resort


 Chopsuey


Steamed Fish in Oyster Sauce



 Sinigang na Hipon the Visayan way



 Krispy Pata



The best tasting Halo-Halo


After dinner, I, together with my father and sister, decided to take a walk along the beach and see again the nightlife at Alona Beach. Just like the other night, it was more of an acoustic and reggae night. Most tourist enjoyed their booze while listening to the sounds from the different bars around the place. I and my dad joined them before we finally decided to sleep. Yehey! :)



 Alona Beach's Nightlife


Up next: Day 3 at Bohol and Flight back to Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment